Friday, June 01, 2007

Opinionated cynic

Woof

Several things need to blogged today, but I am diverting from the important to allow myself some therapy. Bear with me.

We...er..."I" signed on the line of death, sold my soul, determined my (short term) destiny and bought a house last week. Last Friday actually. I still claim it was under duress so to speak. Regardless, I took one, two (and more) for the team. Even though the team consists of two chiefs and a handful of Indians. I feel like we're headed into Wabash and I just hope it doesn't turn into another St. Claire's defeat. Although the Indians were victorious in that one. Maybe I feel more like St Claire.......

While I am not great at anyone thing, I am pretty good at many things. Yesterday, I prototyped a cover for a robotic arm. Then I picked up the camera to take a picture of it for a marketing campaign.
Last week, when getting everything packed for phase 1 of the move, I fit nearly the whole house in a 26 foot U-Haul, with some room to spare. While not something you put on the resume, I was pretty damn proud of the job I did. Then the wife and I unloaded it in about three hours. Just the two of us. A great time I tell ya.

I won't go into any detail of the garage, but those of you that lived through the first move in '03, it isn't any different, but possibly worse. How many broken riding lawn mowers should one person own? For gosh sake, throw something away would ya?! Look, there's the top (side, part, crank, whatever) of a '49 make-a-name-up-here-cuz-it-ain't-made-anymore manufactured somethingorrather.

Me: "Um...do you have any other parts to make it work?"

Him: "Well, no, but it's a classic (top, side, part, crank, whatever) of a '49 make-a-name-up-here-cuz-it-ain't-made-anymore manufactured somethingorrather."

Me: (to myself) "That's......just.....really nice........"

Okay, so I told you the details. Oops.

Keep it moving, there's nothing to see here folks.

I have a good mind for small project management and a decent analytical skill set. It's never been truly tested in a professional setting, so perhaps my analytical skills are more "opinions" versus true skills. Just don't ask my wife.

We are in the early throes of phase 2 of the move.

The new house needs some cleaning. A smoking renter lived there and the carpet in the whole second floor needs to be replaced or deep cleaned. The attic/3rd floor also needs to be gutted floor to ceiling. The main floor is livable but the bedroom needs flooring. The carpet was removed (old and ugly) and we have been waiting for someone to make a flooring color decision.

......................waiting...........................waiting..........................waiting.............................still waiting................................(guess)................................

I started to write this post this morning then got side tracked with other things. It's amazing how time will cool the creative mind.

No comments: