Monday, March 26, 2007

Numbers for the week

I watched the numbers on OPTN go from 95, 599 most of the day to 95,611 between 5:00pm and 5:12pm. It was kind of weird.

April is Organ Donation month.

I emailed a contact from a local organization that is "one of 58 federally designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPO) in the United States". I had heard from one of the representatives well over a month ago and they had offered to send me some trinkets that I could use to give to the subjects of my interviews and for my project. Even after two follow up emails, I haven't received anything. While the trinkets are not that important, I was just really excited that at one point, the potential for recognition and the very real possibility of legitimacy was just over the horizon for the One-A-Day-2007 project.

Unfortunately it's just one of the few things that have failed to materialize lately. I was also to have been invited to a staff meeting for a similar purpose, but since there hasn't been any follow ups from that organizations, it too will fall to the side.

I would like to think that everyone is gearing up for April and the organ donation month. But I seriously doubt it.

No comments: