Sunday, February 04, 2007

Budget time

The kids and I ended up at the coffee shop at a bookstore this afternoon. Our number one priority was to get their 2007 budget set. We went month by month and estimated what the expenditures would be.
S0 far, it's only birthdays that are set. We haven't put down vacations or the weekly trips to the mall. They both have a large purchase they want so it is yet to be determined if they will pay 100% for the item or if I will kick some in. I have to say, they are pretty excited about being responsible for their own money. It can help me out too by helping them, it will help me. We will both realize the amount of money we spend on items and hopefully, help plus save more and spend more wisely.

Once the initial budget was done, we decided to adjourn our "meeting".

No comments: