Friday, October 27, 2006

Coming going and staying

Ahhhh, Atlanta...... Home of CNN, Turner, Coca-Cola, Delta and several professional sports teams and as mentioned in a prior post, the Atlanta Motor Speedway (they are suppose to be qualifying for the Sunday race but it may be rained out).

Knowing that Atlanta is one of the worlds busiest airports (plus the throngs of travelers tthat are coming to the race), I allowed myself AMPLE time to get to the airport, check in my car, take the bus to the terminal and deal with the TSA and security.

It took me about an hour and a half to actually get from the work site to the gate. I left around 2:00 and my flight was to leave at 6:55pm. PLENTY of time. Well, the weather must have done a doozy to the nations airlines because I over heard many people saying their flights were canceled and that causes everything to get delayed. Now, I have a 9:50 pm flight time. Assuming I actually get to leave Atlanta.

I guess I could have went to watch qualifying afterall.....

ANd me without my camera for EIGHT hours in the airport. Dang, this is a target rich photographic environment. So many people, so many personalities.

No comments: