Saturday, November 18, 2006

Get out of your routine and take control

If I have mentioned this before. I will mention it again. If you haven't read it from me, it's new to you. Go here http://www.dooce.com/

Heather is the creative talent behind that site and her......view on life........ is something to behold.
In my mind she has incredible writing style. When I need a new view on something or an escape form my own local reality I head to dooce and get a different perspective. Heather is raw and honest. What more do you need?

Too many of us get into a grind that becomes just that. A GRIND. Wearing us down as we shed off parts. Get out of that routine. Try something just a little different or VERY different. Try a new sport. Learn how to knit. Write a diary for a week of EVERYTHING you see, say and do. Go back and read it. Put it away then a month later do it again.

Compare them. What do you see? A pattern.....a stagnation.....a GRIND.

You may not have noticed, but when I met with the UPMC shrink, she revealed a few things that are resonating with me. I didn't say anything else about that meeting.

Granted it's one persons opinion. But damn it made sense.

From her interview of me, I have two.....issues......?

ADD, yes ADD and a Control issue.

Who'd a thunk it.

No, I am not a risk to civilization and I don't even need medication. She actually called me "boring". But when she listened to my verbal ramblings and offered reasons, things clicked. I had an understanding of certain things in my life.

I didn't necessarily like what she said. There are labels for people with ADD and those that are controllers. But is still made sense.

I might get a second opinion.........

No comments: