Friday, January 12, 2007

An evening at B and N

I missed a couple of days of taking portraits for the One-A-Day-2007 Project. Then today, I had someone set up for after work. Yeah, it was kind of a "scheduled" shoot. But "K" and I will be able to make some time on Monday.

So off I go after work. I headed to Barnes and Noble to see if the latest edition of JPG the magazine had hit the stands yet......I has not. I already know none of my submitted pictures made it this issue. But I want to see those that did make it.

Then as I wandered through the aisles, I saw a guy sitting on the war books. He was pretty intent on his book, but I felt a need to ask him if he I could take his picture.

Like most, he was skeptical. But after about an hour and a half of talking about Buddhism, LA traffic, books, travel and the deeper meaing of life, I was able to get a great portrait of "G". I have to say, I normally only get a few minutes with people I approach. But after I left this time, it was pretty nice to be able to give some of my time with him as he was gracious enough to give me some of his time. You can see his picture here.

Next week I have an appointment with my liver doc. I am sure he will be disappointed that I haven't lost any weight but I do have something lined up on just that. More details this weekend. It's a pretty neat deal.

I haven't mentioned the OPTN numbers lately. So I will drop them here.

Waiting list candidates as of today 11:41pm
All 94,790
Kidney 69,695
Pancreas 1,752
Kidney/Pancreas 2,405
Liver 17,027
Intestine 232
Heart 2,838
Lung 2,860
Heart/Lung 137
All candidates will be less than the sum due to candidates waiting for multiple organs

Based on OPTN data as of 01/05/2007

No comments: