Wednesday, January 10, 2007

That's why things happen

We will probably never know. But tonight, after work, we headed to dinner. Well, another co worker and I did. Then since we are staying at the same hotel and she went to her room and I off to mine to consume some Baskin Robbins ice cream. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be eating it.

Too bad.

Only thing keeping me from my bucket of pleasure is a small little swipe of my card. Hmmm, another swipe of my card. Okay, turn it around. swipe my card again. and again. and again.

Dammit.

Walk down to the desk to get it coded again.
My ice cream is melting.

The clerk took my card, asked my room number then told me I had been checked out of it.

What?

Then before my ? stopped echoing off the walls, I spied my suitcase behind her chair. "Hey. that's my bag."
Well, yes, it is. "You were only confirmed for one night." Well, I wish someone would have told the airlines and the customer I was visiting. They all seem to think I will be here until Wednesday.

"We have a smoking room."

Uh, no thanks. But I will check it out just in case it's one of those smells like potpurri smokers.

It wasn't. But since she sprayed it with fru fru smelly spray. At least it only smells like smoke when you inhale. YUCK!

I stayed in the lobby until I could find another hotel.

I drove to my new one night stay. I went in and the clerk took my info and sent me on my way. I returned right after. Since she did say to ask if there was anything I needed.

Come to think of it, I do need a picture......

"H" is an organ donor. But just not right now, since she is using them (her organs that is). She is also a blood platelet donor for chemotherapy patients.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! It's little surprises like that that help motivate me to keep on, keepin' on.

She was also the only person to see the flickr page and blog page before I took their picture. But I think she would have let me anyway. Very pleasant person and I appreciate her time and trust. See her picture here http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneaday2007/

No comments: